Sisley Hydra-Global Intense Anti-Aging Hydration, is after all a basic moisturizer with no anti-aging benefits as it claimed to be.
I have tried and tested this product out of curiosity which claims to provide great hydrating benefits.
The ‘interesting‘ part about this product is that it is NOT a serum neither is a skin-stimulator or antioxidant but yet it is said can be used either before your favourite moisturizer or use it alone as a moisturizer. After using numerous Sisley skin-care products, I realized even their beauty counter advisors are not able to categorize certain products at times and this Hydra-Global is one of them. Come on, make up your mind!
Hydra-Global is the solution to the problem of dehydration which can be caused by age, the sun and other environmental aggressions eg: wind and air-conditioning.
Ingredient claims (over-inflated?)
- Extract of padina pavonica – increase the skin’s capacity to preserve water.
- Extract of wild pansy – circulation of water within the skin will be re-activated and increased.
- Malachite extract (with the combination of plant actives) – which has an excellent anti-oxidant result, your skin will appear ‘plumped up’ and regain youthful suppleness and luminosity.
- Extract of stevia leaf – a powerful ‘humectant’ will increase the skin’s function to retain water.
- Extract of chestnut – acting as a natural exfoliant will optimize the skin’s surface condition.
Sisley Hydra-Global Intense Anti-Aging Hydration contains some antioxidant ingredients which are tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E) and yeast extract. Other beneficial ingredients are panthenol, alcohol form of vitamin B, can be effective for hydration and argireline which claims to have a muscle-relaxing effect similar to Botox injections.
But it also contains lavandula angustifolia (lavendar) oil and linalool, which can cause irritation to skin.
Personal point of views
Although this product is claimed to have hydrating abilities, it doesn’t actually provide much hydrating benefits and is essentially what any moisturizer can do.
Lightweight and non-oily. Easily absorbed into the skin.
Skin is slightly moisturized and tone.
Will I buy it again? …… I don’t think so!