Last Friday, I was delighted to be exclusively invited to preview the new “OIL-FREE” collection from Kiehl’s Singapore at their newly renovated office at Winsland House. This Ultra Facial Oil-Free collection, launched on 26th May islandwide, is the newest innovation to the Ultra Facial range.
The newly launched range of products, for normal to oily skin, are Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner, Cleanser and Gel Cream. They are FREE of paraben, fragrance, silicone and oil! They are claimed to eliminate shine for 24 hours! You can now say goodbye to blotters!
It was a private event and only Pei Xian from MsGlitzy.com and myself were invited.
Delicious cakes were served during the short preview.
Measure my shine level with Kiehl’s Skin Barrier Tabs.
Oh my! Didn’t realize my skin is so oily. Blame it on the humid weather!
Kiehl’s created this media blotter kit for all media representatives.
Wanna find out your shine level too? Visit any of the Kiehl’s outlets now and measure your natural shine level with Kiehl’s Skin Barrier Tabs.
No More Blotters!
I believe many of us are suffering from oily skin and lack of moisture at the same time. Whenever we talk about moisture, many people with oily skin will believe that any product that provides moisture will tend to cause skin to get oilier and shiny. This is so wrong!
So forget about excessive washing, blotting and drying up your skin with astringents as this will lead to barrier function damage and moisture loss. Clogged pores and breakout will surface if excess oil is not treated properly. When barrier function is damaged and moisture is lost, skin will get irritated and over produce oil and therefore create shine.
But how are we able to provide moisture with 24-hour shine free at the same time? Well in fact, the effective way to tackle oily skin is to replenish moisture into the skin. So instead of stripping the oil out of our skin like most people do, replenishing moisture is key to regulating oil production.
Introducing The New Ultra Facial Oil-Free Collection!
Kiehl’s Since 1851, New York-based purveyor of fine quality skin care, is pleased to introduce a moisture-replenishing, skincare collection for normal to oily skin – Ultra Facial Oil-Free. It is claimed to balance skin in as little as 1 week.
The new breakthrough technology uses the moisture-retaining ingredients and naturally-derived sugar to release pure hydration into skin and then lock in moisture.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil-Free Collection is oil-free, paraben-free, silicone-free, dye-free and fragrance-free to help rebalance skin’s hydration levels and provide all-day no-shine moisture to skin in three unique ways:
1. Rebalanced Skin — the skincare regimen works to ensure the correct balance of oils and hydration for a healthy skin barrier.
- Water-infused humectants: Antarcticine protects skin from extreme external aggressors while moisture-retaining ingredients of Imperata Cylindrica and Glycerin draw pure hydration into the skin barrier and allow moisture to penetrate into the skin.
- Naturally-derived sugar: helps lock in moisture and reinforces the skin barrier to prevent loss.
2. Oil-Free Skin Conditioners — highly compatible with normal to oily skin, the oil-free skin conditioners work with the natural lipids of the skin to control shine for up to 24 hours.
3. Gentle but Effective Formulations — safe for even sensitive skin, Ultra Facial Oil-Free formulas do not irritate skin or over activate it, a common cause of over-production of oil.
Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser
$38.00 for 5.0 fl. Oz. / 150ml
This Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser has a light smooth creamy texture which effectively helps to remove excess oil and impurities without making the skin feels tight. It is claimed to help control shine and reduce oil on skin’s surface for 24 hours.