I wonder if you have read my previous post on Changi Airport a month ago? I have blogged about the “9 Great Reasons To Shop & Dine At Changi Airport!”
Well, and now I would like to continue covering a little bit more about my excursion within Transit areas at Changi Airport Terminal 1, 2 and 3 that can be of interest for you. Who knows!
In this short post, I’m going to blog about the amenities at Singapore Changi Airport.
Rejuvenate & Retreat
Refresh Fish Spa & Reflexology at Changi Airport Terminal 1 (near Transit Gate D41) offers a wide range of services that includes fish spa, foot reflexology, full body (traditional & modern) massages, manicures and pedicures.
This unique refreshing Fish Spa, a special exfoliation treatment, is a must-try for travellers at Changi Airport. There are many tiny “Doctor” fishes, originated from Turkey, will be nibbling away your dead skin whilst smoothing your new skin!
Fish Spa & Reflexology opens 24/7 and it’s definitely a great place to unwind and rejuvenate especially for long-haul travellers. You can even sleep on the massage chair over the night for a small fee.
Indulging myself on a complimentary relaxing foot massage. Shiok!
A Garden City
Do you know there are total of 5 gardens at Changi Airport? That includes Cactus Garden at Terminal 1 (image above), Sunflower Garden, Fern Garden and Orchid Garden at Terminal 2 and Butterfly Garden at Terminal 3.
This Butterfly Garden at Terminal 3 houses more than 1,000 butterflies.
A Private Viewing
Make a guess on where is the exact location of this runway view? I bet you wouldn’t know kekeke…..
Well, it’s in the toilet of Transit area at Changi Airport Terminal 1.
Hard Rock Cafe at Terminal 3 is the first international airport outlet in the world. You can access to free internet at any of these terminals outside the Hard Rock Cafe. In fact, there are more than 550 free internet terminals across the 4 terminals and airport-wide free Wi-Fi.
You can now make an urgent delivery to overseas or within Singapore at any of the Speedpost booths at transit areas. Just throw your items into the box and fill up the form.
I believe most of us are aware of this service. Make your purchase at transit areas before departing and collect them when returning.
Do You Know?
Here are some of the interesting facts about Singapore Changi Airport that you may be interested. <All numbers are accurate as of 1 June 2011>
- Total land area of 1,300 hectares, including 870 hectares reclaimed from the sea.
- Four terminals with an annual handling capacity of more than 70 million passengers.
- Where about 28,000 people work.
- A rooftop open-air swimming pool and jacuzzi at Terminal 1.
- Used by 42 million passengers in 2010.
- Handled 1.8 million tonnes of cargo in 2010.
- Some 5,700 flights each week, or about one every two minutes.
- Connected to 207 cities in the world either directly or indirectly.
- Served 100 airlines, including four based in Singapore – Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Tiger Airways and Jetstar Asia.
- World’s busiest multi-carrier A380 airport, with 164 A380 flights each week connected to six cities – Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong, London, Paris and Zurich.
- Handles some 13,000 bags in an hour.
- Voted Best Airport in the world by Business Traveller (UK) magazine for 23 consecutive years.
Before I end the post, I would like to feature the gifts we (bloggers) have received after the event. Many thanks to Singapore Changi Airport for the wonderful event and the lovely gifts. Plus a further 20% shopping discount at Perfumes & Cosmetics at Terminal 3 on the very same day. I have purchased almost S$300 worth of cosmetics at a heavily discounted offer!
Below are the products I’ve received :
Korea Sulwhasoo Extra Refining Kit that includes Extra Refining Water, Emulsion, Serum, Eye Cream and Cream.
Victoria’s Secret Dream Angels Heavenly Body Kit.
Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick, Bath & Body Works® White Citrus Hand Foam and White Citrus Fragrance Mist.